Sunday, June 30, 2024

Smashed Burgers, & Drinking Up

 

I am embarking on a carb control journey *bites nails* - story of my chubby life - and this time it's serious (until someone hands me a Girl Scout cookie). The anxiety medication (SSRI) that I was on for 5 months had me for a fool! It was causing the same symptoms it was supposed to treat. Bonus nightmare - it made me gain a few pounds on the damned weighing scale! I researched and discovered that's how these pesy pills function. They initially make you lose weight and after 5-6 months you start getting a beer belly! We don't want that, Precious! And we do NOT need SSRIs to control our friend anxiety. It is very much under control ever since I weaned off the pesky unneeded pills! And now ... Mission Weight Loss! 


I allowed myself a full throttle of fast food a few days this week! I was at the Niblings’ favorite fast food joint Peri Peri Original in Ellicott City. I’m talking seriously good burgers with generously sized chicken fillets, amazing aromatic coconut shrimp (feels like a macaron and shrimp combo!), crisp Passionfruit Mojito, fried chicken bucket, and Peri Peri chicken itself! Peri Peri fries and onion rings are the perfect sides. This is definitely one of the best Halal fast food joints near me! It had a Korean mochi doughnuts and boba tea place nextdoor that I need to come back for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Abbie Eats - Foodie Diaries

September took off with Butterbeer Cheers and foodie adventures followed. I was at a Bazaar at the Turkish center. Besides spotting the usua...