Sunday, June 23, 2024

Bakra Eid Dinner at Bhai Bhabi’s

 

✤ πŸ†‚πŸ…°πŸ…»πŸ…°πŸ…Ό & πŸ…ΆπŸ†πŸ…΄πŸ…΄πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΈπŸ…½πŸ…ΆπŸ†‚! ✤ 

Aadaab arz! Bakra Eid parties hogayeen farz! πŸ˜‰ ••• As expected, my epic self was at my Chota Bhai Bhabi’s for Bakra Eid dinner. I’ve spoken earlier! I cannot cook the big guys (goats, lambs, sheep, camels, and other gentlemen) Reasons: smell, besharmi , and susti. Many times Waalid Sahab has suggested miracle ways to de-smell the Bakra but it always ends up divinely stinky! There’s always the debate: “To buy an instant pot, or not to buy an instant pot?” - Well, I’d have to clean the thing, no? It doesn’t feel very instant, haha! Laziness is me! Perhaps someday! 


The menu! 


Coming back to my Bhabi’s Eid menu:

Bakra Biryani, Shami Kabab, Korma, Chicken Pakora! Wallah! And, Falooda and Chocolate Lasagna for desserts.

Kulfi Falooda


Falooda won my heart! She mentioned using Laziza mix. It wasn’t over the top sweet, just right, and smelled brilliant! There were no fuzool items like extra nuts and pieces, weird smells of Kewra or rosewater. Ice cream was pista kulfi, and she had made strawberry jelly to add! Loved my Eid Falooda!

Bakra Biryani 


She outdid herself yet again. Being very happy Bari Nands (elder sisters in law) Sara and I squeezed her in a tight hug at the sight of Bakra Biryani. It’s been a while since we cooked or ate Biryani. Our last was at Tabaq restaurant in New Jersey. 

Chocolate Lasagna zoomed in to my heart's content


Zooming in on the Chocolate Lasagna. Yes, there is such a thing! Little Chunky (niece #02) had a spring in her step and a twinkle in her eye as she eagerly waited to be served. She mentioned she had a hand in making this divine treat!


While the world indulges in post Bakra Eid cookery, I am staying underground *haha* Koi Bakra pakaanay ko naa kehday. I duck and hide from Bakra (goat) cooking. It’s a blessing to be a single pringle. No Daawat Shaawat to prepare and no crowds to feed. Phew! I could use a good caterer though because Waalid Sahab is sending me videos of Paaye in text messages. I could get paaye and attempt cooking if I am unsuccessful in finding some godsend who makes them! Kahaani continues …

Waalid Sahab dining away in his signature silk ki koti


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Abbie Eats - Foodie Diaries

September took off with Butterbeer Cheers and foodie adventures followed. I was at a Bazaar at the Turkish center. Besides spotting the usua...